Exciting NWSF Walking Football Program
NWSF is delighted to announce an exciting Winter Program of Walking Football, starting Friday 14th of April.
As with all Walking Football Programs, we are encouraging fun and sportsmanship, dialling down the competitiveness to ensure everyone enjoys playing whatever their skill level.
Trying Walking Football for the first time?
If you or someone you know wants to try Walking Football before registering for the whole season, we will have a come and try for new players on the Friday 31st of March. This is only available to people who haven’t played in a previous Walking Football game with NWSF. Please email Jacob Balenzuela to let us know you are coming: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Walking Football is a non-competitive/social, low-impact, team-based exercise, utilising the Walking Football Rules and Formats - specifically, minimal contact with players and always having one foot on the ground.
- Walking Football aims to provide participants with physical and mental health benefits, social connections, and the benefits of ongoing physical activity.
- Players are strongly encouraged to play Walking Football in the 'Spirit of the Game' to ensure the safety & enjoyment of all participants - this includes not using aggressive tactics or body contact and to use positive and encouraging comments to all players.
- Primarily we ask that you participate only if you have the correct attitude.
- For Players over 40 years of age. However, players under 40 may be allowed to play if they can provide details of any injury, health issues or other compelling reasons why they should play (i.e. something that prevents them from playing normal ‘running’ football).
How to Register for the Season:
WHY SHOULD I TRY WALKING FOOTBALL?
I love this program! Gave me the confidence to come back to football after some time off due to injury
-Walking Football Participant
The benefits to joining are enormous. Players can start playing football for the first time, or improve their existing skills in a fun and safe environment.
-Nikki, Walking Football Program Manager
Registration for 2023 Winter Walking Football is OPEN
Walking Football Rules & Eligibility